A SHABBAT OF LEARNING FOR SIXTH GRADERS AND THEIR PARENTS
Join Rabbis Sirkman and Miller, Cantor Scher, Rabbi Rudin, Phil and Adam to consider:
• WHO do I "become" when I become a Bar/Bat Mitzvah?
• What does it mean to teach Torah before my community?
• What does it mean to lead prayers before my community?
• What does it mean to do social action as part of the process of becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah?
• What will the journey look like, and how will we (as a family) handle it all?
Saturday, February 10, 2018, Edith Macy Conference Center, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Attire: Shabbat Casual
2017 Example Agenda For The Day
10:00 AM Arrival and Snacks
10:15-10:45 Building Community: Get to Know Others
Framing the Day
10:45 – 11:30 Becoming Teachers of Torah
11:45-12:45 PM Becoming Leaders of Tefillah
1:30 – 2:00 6th Grade Program (Learners)
Burning B’nai Mitzvah Questions with Cantor Scher (over continued lunch) (Parents)
2:00 - 3:00 Becoming Doers of Good Deeds
3:00-3:30 Becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah with Rabbi Sirkman
3:30 – 4:00 End of Day Reflections & Havdallah
RSVP for the 2018 Shabbaton below (Agenda Coming Soon):