A SHABBAT OF LEARNING FOR SIXTH GRADERS AND THEIR PARENTS
Join Rabbis Sirkman and Miller, Cantor Scher, Rabbi Rudin, Phil and Adam to consider:
• WHO do I "become" when I become a Bar/Bat Mitzvah?
• What does it mean to teach Torah before my community?
• What does it mean to lead prayers before my community?
• What does it mean to do social action as part of the process of becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah?
• What will the journey look like, and how will we (as a family) handle it all?
Saturday, February 10, 2018, Edith Macy Conference Center, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Attire: Shabbat Casual
Schedule For The Day
9:15 AM Optional Early Arrival and Breakfast
10:00 AM Arrival and Registration
10:15 AM Welcome, Framing the Day and Becoming Teachers of Torah with Rabbi Miller
11:30 AM Snack Break
11:45 AM Becoming Do-ers of Good Deeds with Rabbi Miller and Rabbi Rudin
12:30 PM Lunch
1:30 PM Becoming Leaders of Tefillah: Learning Shabbat Service with Cantor Scher and Rabbi Sirkman
2:45 PM Burning Questions: Parents meet with Cantor Scher
2:45 PM Bar/Bat Mitzvah Prep Fun! Learners with Adam and Phil
3:15 PM End of Day Reflections and Havdalah
RSVP for the 2018 Shabbaton here: Fill out my online form.